This course is intended for students with a professional or academic medical background who would like to prepare for OET. It is open to students at Higher Intermediate Plus level and above (B2-C2).
- Study a wide range of medical language, with a specific focus on ways of communicating effectively with patients and relatives
- You will improve your reading, writing and listening skills while learning vocabulary and increasing your accuracy in your use of grammar
- You will be given stratgies on how to approach the different parts of the test
- You will complete a full practice test, after which you will receive detailed feedback and further practice to ensure the best possible result in the exam.
Topics may include:
- medical histories
- patient examination
- types of treatment
- medication – benefits and side effects
- advising patients
- surgical procedures
- analysing real case scenarios
- making and discussing a diagnosis
- using specialised terminology
- difficult patients.
The classes take place on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, which equates to 4 x 50-minute lessons per week. In total the lessons will take place over 3 hours and 20 minutes per week.
Classes can be held throughout the year. Students may begin classes on any Monday and may enrol for between 2 and 12 weeks.
There is a maximum of 14 students in the part-time OET class. However, we reserve the right to close classes if the number of students attending is low. The cost of this course option is £54 per week plus the £55 registration fee. There is no materials fee for this course option.
OET Premium Preparation Provider products are inserted for your convenience and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated product or service. It is the responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the relevance or accuracy, currency and reliability of information found on those sites.