OET is the English language test designed for the healthcare sector
Do you need to take an English test to work or study in healthcare in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Dubai or Singapore?
Then OET is the test for you!
By taking OET you will prove you have the right level of English plus you’ll be learning the kind of language you will need every day at work.
And, that’s not all – healthcare professionals choose OET because:
- OET uses real healthcare scenarios so you’ll feel more confident on test day.
- OET is widely recognised as proof of English proficiency for registration, study and work in the healthcare sector, as well as for visas in some countries.
- OET helps you develop language skills for success in your career – see stories about people like you.
- It’s easy to prepare for the test using the OET Preparation Portal – check it out now!
Get ready to register for OET today.
Do you need to select healthcare professionals for work or study, or are you preparing students or recommending an English test?
Then OET is the test for you!
- Governments, healthcare boards and councils have a crucial role to play in safe-guarding public safety and OET gives confidence for safe and effective practice.
- Educators integrate OET preparation and testing and accept OET results for entry into healthcare courses, helping students to demonstrate they are ready to communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Employers know that limited language proficiency is an obstacle to effective communication and quality of care. OET replicates the critical tasks of workplace settings and measure candidates’ abilities in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- Teachers have access to the knowledge and tools needed to run high quality OET preparation courses.
- Agents know that OET is recommended by healthcare professionals as most suitable for visa and healthcare registration.
Want to know more about OET?
- See who accepts OET as proof of English proficiency for visas, study, registration and employment.
- See how OET assesses reading, writing, speaking and listening using real healthcare scenarios.
- See why healthcare professionals choose OET.
- See the locations of over 100 test venues in over 40 countries.
Test materials that reflect real workplace scenarios so you’ll know what to expect and feel more confident on test day.
Skills for success
Use the language skills you learn immediately, and for the rest of your career.
“OET enhanced my skills, knowledge and attitude as a health care provider.”
“I would definitely recommend OET to other professionals because this will not only improve your language skills but also it will enhance your skills, knowledge and attitude in becoming a better health care provider.”
“It changed my life, because I learned a lot of things doing OET especially about becoming a better and effective nurse. Also, it helped me build confidence and taught me the importance of patient and health care.”
Nursing, Lovely Subeldia from Philippines
OET has given me the confidence to communicate with my patients and colleagues.
“Since English is my second language, OET prepared me for the real world. As a nurse, communication is very important.
It has made my life easier since I am now eligible for registration. It has given me the confidence to communicate with my patients and colleagues. It made me very proud of myself and raised my self esteem. All the preparation and sacrifices I made to pass the OET paid off and I am very happy for choosing OET.”
Sharmaine Chrisha Garde – Nurse