OET Masterclasses are now available on demand.
Each Masterclass lasts for roughly 30 minutes and there is one for each skill. Even if you can’t watch the whole 30 minutes in one go, you can watch them as many times as you like at a time to suit you. If you like, you can pause the Masterclasses while you are watching them to make notes. You can watch the Masterclasses on all devices.
How to access the Masterclasses
You can find the Masterclasses in two places. There is a tab on Facebook called ‘Masterclasses’. If you click on the tab, it will open up a new page with the 4 buttons to click to ‘watch now’. You can also access them from the OET website. If you go to the Prepare page of the website, the Masterclasses are one of the options at the top of the screen. Again, you will be taken to a new page with the 4 buttons for ‘watch now’.
Whichever way you get there, the process is the same: choose the skill you want to start with and click ‘Watch now’. You need to enter your name and email address and then the Masterclass will open and start playing.
Why are the Masterclasses useful?
If you haven’t tried a Masterclass yet and you’re preparing for the test, I’d really recommend them. They can be useful whatever stage of your preparation you’re at.
- If you’re completely new to OET and making up your mind about whether it’s the right test for you, then there’s lots of information to help you decide.
- If you’ve started preparing but haven’t taken a test yet, then there’s lots of suggestions about the best ways to prepare.
- Finally, if you’ve already taken the test before, there’s advice about how to improve on your score for next time.
Each Masterclass is in 3 sections.
- First of all, the format of the test is explained to make sure you are clear about what to expect on test day. This includes what’s in each paper, the timing and sample topics.
- Secondly, there is a section on Study Skills. These are things you can do now, while you prepare, to improve your language skills. This section includes the skills you will need to be able to demonstrate and some common problems students have.
- The final section is on Test Tips. This section focuses on the approach you should take with the different parts of the test on the day to give yourself the best chance of achieving the score you want.
The Masterclasses are presented by an OET expert who has had many years’ experience teaching students preparing for OET. The presenter will guide you through a series of slides meaning you will be able to listen and read what they are saying to ensure you fully understand.
Finally, you will have opportunities two times a month to ask an OET expert your questions about preparing for OET. Twice a month, there will be Facebook live Q&A sessions at different times of the day to cover different timezones. You can join for some or all of the session and watch the video from the OET Facebook page after the session has completed.