Cambridge Boxhill Language Assessment and Cambridge University Press launched a new book to assist nurses in preparing for the Occupational English Test:
OET Preparation Nursing
- This book offers valuable practice to help healthcare professionals succeed at the Occupational English Test (OET).
- Special features of this book include extensive learning content, practice tests, online audio, answer keys and more.
New Delhi, 29th May 2019: OET PREPARATION Nursing – A new book launched by Cambridge Boxhill Language Assessment (the owners of OET) and Cambridge University Press gives guidance directing healthcare profession aspirants to success. The book has been authored by renowned writers Catherine Leyshon, Gurleen Khaira and Virginia Allum. The book was launched at hotel Oberoi, New Delhi.
The Occupational English Test (OET) is an English language test designed specifically for the healthcare sector. It tests the language skills (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking) of internationally trained healthcare professionals who wish to register and practice in an English-speaking environment. OET is recognised as proof of English proficiency for registration purposes by major healthcare boards and councils in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Dubai, Singapore, Namibia and Ukraine. It is also accepted in Australia and New Zealand for visa and immigration purposes.
The newly launched book provides valuable practice in all four language skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing) required to excel in the test. Backed by strong pedagogy and the hands-on approach to language learning that Cambridge is renowned for, and with content approved by OET, this book will greatly assist healthcare professionals in fulfilling their dreams of an international healthcare career.
Saul Nasse – Group CEO, Cambridge Assessment, Peter Philip – CEO, Cambridge University Press, Ratnesh Jha – MD (South Asia), Cambridge University Press and other well renowned celebrities from literary, education, healthcare and the corporate world attended and celebrated the book launch.
Speaking on the occasion Georgina Herbert, Commercial Head at Cambridge Boxhill Language Assessment” said we are delighted to be celebrating the launch of this book with our colleagues from Cambridge Assessment English and Cambridge University Press. We are confident our candidates will benefit from the quality of the content in this preparation resource.
Indian healthcare professionals are highly in-demand abroad, particularly in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States. By using the exclusive resources in this book, a candidate can succeed at the exam to be able to register with the nursing regulator in the country of their choice.
The book provides a detailed and updated introduction to OET and includes extensive task-based learning content for each section, bite-sized learning through preparatory tasks, scope for ample learning and practice, sub-test speciﬁc tips for scoring, and practice test and test-oriented examples under each section. In addition, there is learning content of Audio, Audio script and answer keys available online.
Practitioners belonging to the following 12 healthcare fields can write OET tests: Dentistry, Dietetics, Medicine, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Radiography, Speech Pathology and Veterinary Science.
OET is also used as an entry or exit test for healthcare courses by educators and as a recruitment criterion for the employment of healthcare professionals. The test is held 15 times per year in more than 125 locations in 40 countries.
‘OET Preparation Nursing’ is available at all leading bookstores across India as well as on online shopping sites. The book is published by Cambridge University Press.
- Catherine Leyshon is the director of Pass Your English Limited, a Premium Preparation Provider for OET. She has been an English language teacher and examiner for 25 years in Japan, India, Germany, Australia and the UK in a wide range of contexts.
- Gurleen Khaira has a post-graduate qualiﬁcation in TESOL, and her company, Khaira Education, is a Premium Preparation Provider for OET training. She has received four national awards in India for her work in the education sector.
- Virginia Allum (MA, BA, and Graduate Certificate in TESOL) is a Registered Nurse and Medical English author of course books and online courses for doctors and nurses. She is Head of Medical English at Specialist Language Courses (SLC) with extensive experience of writing OET resources for several groups of healthcare professionals.
The Occupational English Test (OET) is designed to meet the specific English language needs of the healthcare sector. It assesses the language proficiency of healthcare professionals who wish to register and practise in an English-speaking environment. OET is owned by Cambridge Boxhill Language Assessment (CBLA), a venture between Cambridge Assessment English and Box Hill Institute.
Cambridge Assessment English is a not-for-profit department of the University of Cambridge with more than 100 years of experience in assessing the English language. Box Hill Institute is a leading Australian vocational and higher education provider, active both in Australia and overseas.
To learn more about OET visit: www.occupationalenglishtest.org
- Christopher Charles, Predict PR, Mob: 98424 75706
E-mail: [email protected]