Welcome to the online application form for OET.
Do not apply here if you have sat the OET before! You must apply to resit:
Please click here for the resit application form.
Before applying to OET
The above documents contain important information and instructions for applying for OET including:
- Applying online
- OET test fees
- ID Guidelines
- Payment guidelines
- OET Test Regulation 2014 including deferral and withdrawal policies
- Photo guidelines
Please ensure all information is entered accurately when you fill in the online application form.
Please check the OET Test Regulations for the necessary ID requirements
NOTE: Your personal details as entered at the time of application must match those on your ID document exactly.
If they do not, you will not be able to take OET. No refund will be issued. You will need to apply and pay again to sit the test.
Your address must be entered accurately as your Statement of Results will be sent to this address and this address will also appear on your Statement of Results. Note: Contact us at Help and Information if any changes need to be made to your ID details or if you do not have the required ID. ID changes can only be made up to three weeks before the test date for which you have applied.
Test fees in Australia include GST.
An additional AUD$7.00 booking fee is charged for every application.
OET Test Fees
- you must provide your original current passport as proof of identity: no other type of photo identification will be accepted.
if you hold an official National Identify Card for the country in which you are sitting the test you may use your current card as your ID document.
- you must provide your current passport or,
If you have travelled from another country to take the test you must show proof of recent travel
If you are testing outside your country of origin you must use your passport as evidence of identity and provide evidence of recent travel.
If you do not have an accepted ID document please contact us via Help and Information before the closing date for applications.
The OET Centre accepts payment by credit card online, bank cheque, money order or third party payment through the ASDOT/DIISERTE program.
- Credit card - the OET Centre accepts MasterCard and Visa. All payments are processed through SecurePay.
- Bank cheque/Money order - all funds must be in Australian dollars and drawn on an Australian bank. Make the bank cheque or money order payable to Cambridge Boxhill Language Assessment Pty Ltd. If you choose to pay by bank cheque or money order, you must post it along with a printed copy of your online application form. Payments that arrive after the closing date for an administration may not be accepted.
- Third Party payment - Choose this payment method only if an organisation or government department such as ASDOT/DIISRTE is paying for your application. Please note that payments cannot be finalised until we have received the original agreement to pay from ASDOT/DIISRTE.
Test regulations including deferral and withdrawal policies
Please refer to the OET Test Regulations 2014 for further information
OET application photo guidelines
When you apply for OET, you will need a suitable digital photo, please follow the photo guidelines below.
If the photo you upload is not suitable, you will not be allowed to sit the test.
Please contact us if you have any questions about uploading a suitable photo, we are happy to help.
- To take OET you need to upload a recent, passport size, colour photo during the online application process.
- NOTE: the photo must have been taken no more than three months previously.
- Your photo needs to be in an electronic format (jpg), in order to complete your application.
Please follow our guidelines carefully. If your photo does not follow the guidelines it may be removed and you will not be able to sit OET.
The photo must:
- be in jpeg format
- have file size between 20 and 2000 KB.
- be in colour.
- have been taken within the last three months
- be of your head only.
- have sharp focus.
- have a white or a pale colour background with no patterns or objects.
- be of you looking directly at the camera.
- have no head coverings (except for religious or medical purposes)
- have nothing covering the forhead, the outline of the eyes, the nose or mouth
- be without shadows
- have no red-eye
- show you with neutral expression, mouth closed (no smiling, frowning or raised eyebrows)