DO NOT APPLY HERE IF YOU HAVE SAT THE OET BEFORE! YOU MUST APPLY TO RESIT:
Please click here for the resit application form.
Welcome to the online application form for the Occupational English Test for people sitting for the first time.
Before applying for the OET, you must read this page carefully -
it contains all the information and instructions you will need to apply for the OET online, including:
- The cost of the test
- Payment guidelines
- Photo upload guidelines
Please also be sure to read all the information on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.When you fill in the online application, it is necessary to enter all information accurately.
- Your current national ID card (International test venues only) or passport number (All test venues) will be used for identification purposes at the test. If the identification you bring on the day of the test does not exactly match your online record or if it is no longer current, you will not be allowed to sit.
- If you are sitting the test in Australia, you MUST provide your current, valid passport as identification - no other type of photo ID will be accepted; this includes Travel Documents.
- If you will be unable to present a current national ID card or passport on test day for whatever reason, you MUST contact the OET Centre by submitting an online enquiry NO LATER than three weeks before the test.
- The address in our database will appear on your Statement of Results exactly as you enter it, and is where your results will be sent. If it is not correct, you may not get your Statement of Results. If you need another copy of your results, a fee will be charged.
NOTE: It is YOUR responsibility to check your online profile for accuracy and to advise us when changes need to be made to your ID details. We cannot make ID changes after the closing date for a test date for which you have applied.
If for any reason you need to give your ID document to the authorities, be sure to make a certified copy of it (high quality, in colour) before handing it over. Contact us no less than three weeks before a test date if it will not be returned to you in time for the ID check on the day of your test.
The OET Centre respects the right of OET test candidates to privacy. While OET test grade data and candidate responses may be used for the purposes of research, statistical and general information, this will always be done in an anonymous form.
COST OF THE OET
The cost of the OET is different depending on where you sit the test. All prices are in Australian dollars. All prices in Australia include GST. New candidates must sit all 4 sub-tests. Effective 01 June 2010, a booking fee of $7.00 will be applied to the total of all applications.
|Full sit (4 sub-tests)
|| $ 775
||Full sit (4 sub-tests)
|| $ 580.80|
The OET Centre accepts payment by credit card online, bank cheque, money order or AEI-NOOSR through its ASDOT program. Debit cards cannot be used to pay online.
The OET Centre only accepts MasterCard and Visa. All payments are processed through SecurePay.
Bank cheque / Money order
All funds must be in Australian dollars and drawn on an Australian bank. Make the bank cheque or money order payable to CAE. If you choose to pay by bank cheque or money order, you must post it along with a printed copy of your online application form. Payments that arrive after the closing date for an administration will not be accepted.
Third Party payment
Choose this payment method only if an organisation or government department such as AEI-NOOSR is paying for your application (see below). Do not choose it if a friend or relative is paying for you.
If you are a permanent resident or citizen of Australia, you may be eligible for financial assistance from AEI-NOOSR. Please click here for more information. If your test is being paid for by an organisation, please choose THIRD PARTY from the payment options and then contact the OET for more information.
To take the OET you need to upload a recent, passport size, colour photo during the online application process.
If you do not have a photo in electronic format (jpg), you cannot complete your application.
Please follow our guidelines carefully. If your photo does not follow the guidelines, you will not be able to sit the OET.
- The photo must be in jpg format.
- The photo file size must be between 20 and 200 KB.
- The photo must be in colour.
- The photo must be recent.
- The photo must be of your head only.
- The focus must be sharp.
- The background must be white or a pale colour and have no patterns.
- You must be looking directly at the camera.
- This photo will be used for identification purposes, so your face must not be covered and your ears must be showing.
- Hats that cast a shadow across your face must be removed.
- Glasses must be removed.
Before starting the application process, please ensure:
- The First Name(s) and Family Name(s) you enter exactly match what is recorded in your current passport (Australian & International test venues) or National ID card (International test venues only).
- You know your current passport number or national ID number. Your ID document must be valid.
- You know your method of payment. If you are paying by bank cheque or money order, you must have access to a printer. Your credit card must be either Visa or MasterCard - no others are accepted.
- You have a suitable electronic photo available.