Users of the website generally include:
- Applicants and candidates of the Occupational English Test (OET); and
- Governing bodies that use the website to check the results of OET candidates
You are not required to register on the website. Much of the website content is accessible even if you do not register. However, to access a greater range of products, services and information, you may elect to submit your personal information to the OET Centre.
The OET Centre is dedicated to protecting your privacy and as such has implemented important privacy safeguards. The OET Centre retains personal information only to the extent necessary to:
- Serve your needs
- Administer the Occupational English Test (OET);
- Uphold the standards required by the OET Centre, including maintaining the integrity of the test and detecting and preventing unlawful activity; and
- Fulfill legal requirements under the laws of the State of Victoria and the laws of Australia
To register, you will need to provide your name, a password, email address (to be used as your username), contact details and other personal details, such as gender, date of birth, a valid passport number, etc. In addition, you must agree to the OET Centre’s Terms and Conditions.
We clearly identify information that you must provide so that we can deliver the various products and services that you may request. The categories of information we may collect include:
- Personal details and contact information;
- Background information, such as country or origin and first language;
- Product and service purchase history;
- Application information required to sit for the Occupational English Test (OET); and
- Data used to verify and authenticate your identity during OET registration and at test venues, and to assist governing bodies verify your identity and access your official OET Statement of Results.
Purposes of Information Collection
We use the information we collect to:
- Allow you to create and update a profile at the website;
- Provide the services and products you request from the OET Centre;
- Register you as a candidate for the OET, and allow you to defer or withdraw from the OET, (if applicable);
- Contact you regarding participation in survey research;
- Authenticate and verify the identity of candidates;
- Maintain the integrity and quality of the OET Centre's products and services, customise site content to meet your specific needs and make technical improvements to the website;
- Manage your personal information and preferences through the My Profile page on the website; and
- Cooperate as required by law or in legal proceedings and as necessary to detect or prevent fraud and other unlawful activity.
Use of Data
The OET Centre respects the right of OET test candidates to privacy. While OET test grade data and candidate responses may be used for the purposes of research, statistical and general information, this will always be done in an anonymous form.
As a registered user of the website, you may access the My Profile page to modify your personal information. You are responsible for the accuracy of any information you provide to the OET Centre and for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information by keeping your username and password secure. If your information changes, please update it. The OET Centre may also contact you from time to time to check that your information is still accurate.
Inactive accounts will be subject to appropriate retention and archiving procedures to support the OET Centre’s business needs and legal and integrity requirements.
Any information regarding billing details, including credit card information, is not retained by the OET Centre.
Access to information contained in Official Transcript
Candidates of the OET are notified in advance that information contained in an official transcript may be:
Security of Information
We use industry-standard safeguards to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information.
Changes to our policy
The OET Centre’s handling of any information it collects from you (including information previously collected) will be governed by the most current version of this policy. Please check this policy regularly.
The OET Centre may be contacted at http://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/Display.aspx?tabid=2527.
Copyright © OET 2007-2011. All rights reserved