The Boards and Councils that currently accept the OET are listed below. The OET Centre stongly encourages candidates to check their relevant board or council's websites for grade requirements. Click on the relevant regulatory authority to be taken to their website.
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
From 01 July 2010, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) is the national agency responsible for the registration and accreditation of seven health professions in Australia covered by the OET. The National Law has been enacted by all States and Territories except Western Australia.
For further information on AHPRA-aligned National Boards, please visit http://www.ahpra.gov.au. Follow the links below for information about registration requirements, including requirements and standards for English Language.English lange skills registration standard
Dental Board of Australia
Medical Board of Australia
Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
Occupational Therapy Board of Australia
Optometry Board of Australia
Pharmacy Board of Australia
Physiotherapy Board of Australia
Podiatry Board of Australia
Other Regulatory Authorities that recognise the OET:
· Medical Board of Western Australia
· Australian Dental Council
· Dietitians Association of Australia
· Nurses & Midwives Board of Western Australia
· Council of Occupational Therapists Registration Boards (Aust & NZ) Inc
· Australian Institute of Radiography
· Speech Pathology Australia
· Australasian Veterinary Boards Council Inc
· Dental Council of New Zealand
· Nursing Council of New Zealand
· Pharmacy Council of New Zealand
· Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand
· Veterinary Council of New Zealand
· Singapore Medical Council
The OET Centre is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Updated 4 October 2011.